Monday 24 September 2007

I am a Fundamentalist...!!! Hear me roar

Country Mama's Testimony:

First, I'd like to introduce myself. I was born and raised until I was 16 in Dayton, Ohio (don't hold that against me, I can't help it). My family did not attend church until I was almost 15 yrs. old. You want to talk about a shock to the system. They preached against everything I was doing and somethings I'd only thought about.


The church had very high standards and convictions (no trousers, shorts, sleeveless tops, TV's, etc., etc.), which I agree 100% with today and then some. As the weeks passed I knew that these people had something that I did not have.

One night my brother went forward, well I didn't want to be left out so I went also. I made a profession, but I didn't have possession.

The summer after my 16th birthday we moved to Tennessee. When I was 20 my home church was having a revival meeting with Dr. Sammy Allen. He had a man out of his church driving him that was on deputation to England. Well, to make a long story short, Preacher played matchmaker and we were married in Feb. of 95.

After we were married God started to deal with my heart. He was convicting me and I was terrified. I had made a profession and thought that I was alright, but I had doubts and fears. Our pastor (Bro. Allen) was preaching in Florida and we were there. He preached a message on "Sliding into Hell from a church pew, calling Jesus Lord." I knew that night that I was in trouble. I was so afraid that while we were traveling we would have an accident or the Lord would return. It was the most awful 2 months of my life. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. It didn't matter to me what people thought. You know, "She's suppose to be a preachers wife"; "She's a missionaries wife", etc. I was the one going to spend eternity in Hell, and it wasn't worth worrying about what others thought. I bowed and asked Christ to save me, take away my doubt, sin and everything else I could possibly think of.

Praise the Lord, He did....!!!!
I have failed Him
many times, but I can say without any qualms that He has NEVER, NEVER failed me.
We came to England in May of 96, I was 23 years old.
Talk about green. I've learned alot in these last 11 years, but still have much more to learn. God is good all the time. Amen!! I am also the mother of 2 beautiful children. A daughter aged 8 and a son aged 4 1/2; which I home educate.


Well, that's me in a nut shell. Thanks for taking the time to read this. May you have a blessed day!
Country Mama

1 comment:

The Preacher said...

you have a testimony like my wife, I will pray for you all